Monday, August 10, 2015

Just being myself

In the past, many people have asked the question why I'm sharing so much of my life on Facebook or on my blog. Or I see from time to time people posting "I don't give a crap about your life" on Facebook or posting articles about not putting your children's pictures online.

Indeed, it is true that our lives are more of an open book now that the internet has brought many of us closer to each other. In the old days, people would write diaries to put down their thoughts of the day. People could even write audiobiography about themselves, and have them being published.

I am not the kind of person who only share happy faces with my friends on Facebook or through any channels. Sure I share posts with those cute outfits, or about milestones or sweet family days. Yet, life is real, so as parenting. Parenting is real, raw, and can be tough. Puke, poop, pee, snot or any other body fluids from your children are not something as parents can be avoided. Sleepless nights and mess under the dinning table. All these things just come with the title. There are plenty of things people don't mention often about parenthood, and probably this is because these won't fit into the perfect parenthood picture people have in mind. Well, guess what, there is no perfect picture, and I'm not ashamed to share them.




I have my good days and bad days. I have days that I just wanna cry. I have days that I regret having yelled at my kids or my hubby. What I do know is that every day I am learning, so as my kids. I am learning each day more about myself, about being parents, being a wife, being a friend, being my parents' daughter, being a person! There is no ending to learn. This is what my grandfather used to tell me.

There are days that will just keep dragging on. I would feel like giving up, and I will share it out here. I have got then friends who would read it and care about me to tell me it is ok. And for those who don't give a damn about my life, well, I don't mind you just turning the "unfollow" button on. That's all you need to do, and I am not asking for more.

And why do people freak out these days more on pictures that are posted on Facebook or elsewhere? Yes, there are freaks and nutcases walking around. They are sick enough to be wanting to do something on these kids. I don't even want to think about it. But still, if I look back at what life was like in the 80s, our pictures were also posted on school newspapers or magazines and so. I am sure there were crazy people at the time too who could cut those out. Possibly, those kind of news were just not internationally announced or made public as they can be now. These things just happen, and you can only do so much protect them. Surely I won't go posting my kids' naked pictures online, and I am sure those days that wasn't done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment