Wednesday, June 18, 2014

87 days.... 13 days left before her 100 days and before my going back to work

I have to say I've real mixed feelings about going back to work. On one hand, I really want to be me again at work, being able to stay focus, concentrated, productive, and in control. On the other hand, now that it seems like finally the last 1-2 weeks I'm getting a hang of this whole new motherhood thing with my 2nd child, I've to go back to work. I can get used to now getting up in the morning, having my quiet easy start while Sami goes back to sleep after her 6-7 o'clock bottle. Then in the afternoon, going out with her is something we both seem to finally being able to enjoy.



Yesterday was one of the best days. Sami slept till 10:30 am, so I gave her the bottle later than scheduled. After that, we went to town to have dim sum with my mom by taking the metro. She was happily in the pram in the restaurant, staring at the fake crystal lights. She was so fascinated by it that she fell asleep eventually. I could just enjoy my lunch without worrying about her. Then we went to a photo studio as I've this coupon for one photo taken between 0-3 months, then 4-6 months, 7-9 months and 10-12 months. When we got there, I had to get her nappy changed first, and luckily they even have a changing mat there! As she slept well, so she was a happy camper, and did very well. She only cried once but that was busy she wasn't sitting comfortably.

And certainly, the studio would do their best to sell more photo products to the parents by taking more than just one. And parents are sold by the fact that they can't make the same set themselves, or it can never be guaranteed that the child would cooperate as well as he/ she just did there. So most probably I would get a set of photos from them. I'm curious to see the outcome. They even let me and my mom being on the photos. Hope they will turn out to be good.

After the photos were taken, I fed Sami in the department store where they have sufficient space for me to do so. Then she just slept in her pram again while I went doing some shopping. And once we got home, I decided to let her in her box, not wanting to struggle with running up to her room with her crying her lungs out. She slept a bit there too. Is it a good thing to do? Probably I would get so many people saying no, I should have put her up in her room. But now I've learned to just go with my feelings. Certainly, most of the time, I put her in her room to let her sleep, and yes, she would cry before she falls asleep. But seeing this time she slept quite a bit already throughout the day, I can live with that.

And so this was one of the days I would probably miss in the future. Soon I'll have to rush to the daycare after work to pick up both kids, then run home to get dinner ready for the family, and hopefully Sami would take a short nap while I do this. Then get her sorted, and get both kids cleaned and off to bed. My hubby won't probably be home yet to help. I know I should be able to handle this, as I must, yet I'm a bit anxious about it. Sometimes I wish the society could provide more support to moms who work. Women are expected to do so much more these days, and they are constributing also to the society. Yet, when they are off from work, they still have to pick up most of the things at home. If you're lucky, you may have a man who is very keen and hands-on with kids and household. Otherwise, you're pretty much on your own. That's what I feel.

So you can imagine then why I've mixed thoughts on going back to work. Also, for the last 2-3 years, I'm used to have a nanny for Julian for 5 days a week. Now he will be home with us on the Wednesday's and Friday's, as he and his sister will go to the daycare 3 times per week. I'm really hoping I can get this worked out well. I love Julian, but sometimes when you're in stress, it's hard to be doing positive parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment