Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Being a mom means improvising

Being a mom means improvising, that's because whenever something happens suddenly, we have to come up with solutions immediately for our kids.

This morning after my hubby got out of shower, he told me that there was no water supply all of sudden. It turns out that we didn't get the notice, but there was work being done in the street further down that we won't have water till noon today. Ok, we could skip taking a shower, and we could brush our teeth with the little water supply we had, but what about Sami's bottles that were used and not yet rinsed?!



First thing I did was to call the water supply company who seemed to know nothing about the water supply issue. Then I went downstairs to the constructors who were putting a building in front of our house down, and they told me that it was planned that we would have no water due to the work done further down. I went afterwards to the supermarket that is under our apartment, and there I could use their tap to clean Sami's bottles, and fill up an one-litre bottle as water reserve. Luckily, I don't mind asking the people at the supermarket, and they are nice enough to let us use their water. I even could just walk down there with the baby phone. That's another convenience I've with a supermarket below my apartment.

Improvising is something being a mom that has to be activated. Just like the other time when Julian came home while it was planned that he would go with another mom to play in a korfball game, but it turned out he was supposed to be on the bike in order to ride along. Well, I'd Sami home, but luckily I also had some visitors who could watch Sami for the ten minutes I'd to be away, so that I could bring Julian over there anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment